CBD is showing up everywhere! There are CBD oils and creams, CBD infused foods, and now you can have it added to your favorite smoothie, coffee, or yes, your cocktail! Cannabidiol, or CBD oil, is a type of cannabinoid that is found in the Hemp plant. It does not have any psychoactive effects, so does not get the user “high.” The cannabinoid has become increasingly popular over the last several years for treating patients with a range of medical conditions. There’s a flood of information available about CBD and its benefits, but did you know that…
- The medicinal properties of the cannabis plant have been known and respected for thousands of years, and not just for its flowers and stems. The root was also used. (1) A 2017 study speaks of the Roman historian, Pliny the Elder, “who wrote in his Natural Histories that ‘a decoction of the root in water relaxes contractions of the joints and cures gout and similar maladies.’ Throughout history, the hemp plant’s root has been recommended as a natural remedy for treating inflammation, joint pain, and gastrointestinal problems. (2)
- CBD changes brainwaves. Murphy’s Natural Hemp teamed with an FDA approved lab to run a case-study using the qEEG test in order to measure the effects our CBD/Curcumin product has on the brain. During this particular case study, there appeared a consistent drop in wave Z-scores across all areas of the brain, especially in Delta, and Theta waves. A reduction in Z-score is an indicator of a reduction in the symptoms associated with the particular brain wave. The report shows a significant change in brainwave activity and lowered z-scores after using Murphy’s Natural Hemp CBD/Curcumin tincture. Z-scores are indicators of activity, with zero being the norm or “mean,” the higher the z-score, the more noteworthy the health condition. A lower or zero score is optimal. There are a number of conditions that can be measured with this test, including but not limited to migraines, ADHD, Dyslexia, anxiety and depression, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, impaired memory, and more.
- CBD appears to work with the body’s own natural pain management system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) that creates natural anti-inflammatory and painkilling effects. The body’s ECS is made up of three components: cannabinoid receptors (the things that receive chemical signals outside the cell), endocannabinoids (small molecules that activate cannabinoid receptors), and metabolic enzymes that break down endocannabinoids after they are used. “All vertebrate animals [naturally] express at least two cannabinoid receptors. The CB1 receptor principally functions in the nervous system but is expressed in many cells throughout the body. CB2 receptors are primarily associated with cells governing immune function.”(3) Researchers believe that CBD compounds may positively interact with these receptors. Individuals living with Fibromyalgia may find CBD to be helpful in managing symptoms.
- Industrial Hemp CBD oil is legal. With the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, Hemp has exploded in growth, production, and consumer use. The farm bill did several things. It provided subsidies for American farmers, reinforced locally grown foods, expanded trade opportunities, kept SNAP in place, and legalized the production of the hemp plant. However, the natural chemical compound that comes from the hemp or cannabis sativa plant that is used in products and sold on the market must contain less than 0.3% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the euphorigenic component of cannabis. Be an informed consumer!
- Your pet has the same endocannabinoid system you do. CBD may be helpful for managing your pet’s anxiety during times of stress, or when they are suffering from pain and inflammation due to arthritis. (4)
- The contents listed on the label of your CBD product may not be accurate! Over 2015 through 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration sent out warning letters to several companies that market products containing CBD. The FDA tested the chemical content of the CBD compounds in some of these products and found that many were mislabeled. They, in fact, did not contain the amount of CBD printed on the labels. Additionally, they’ve recently sent out more letters, and according to their April 2, 2019 press release have scheduled, “a public hearing on May 31, as well as a broader opportunity for written public comment, for stakeholders to share their experiences and challenges with these products, including information and views related to product safety.” (5) Choose a CBD company you can trust!
- Water-soluble means the product is highly capable of dissolving in water. It also means better absorption in the body! Oil and water don’t mix. One of the main challenges with CBD is guaranteeing the bioavailability of the active ingredients, especially when they have limited gastrointestinal permeability. To improve aqueous solubility, and thus the therapeutic effectiveness of these compounds, Murphy’s Natural Hemp products are designed using pharmaceutical technologies to increase bioavailability. See for yourself!
Where can you purchase Murphy’s Natural Hemp CBD Products?
For more information, or to purchase Murphy’s Natural Hemp products, go to http://www.murphysnaturalhemp.com.