What is Curcumin?
Curcumin is the most active ingredient of Turmeric, known to have been used by traditional Hindu medicine as a remedy for 4,000 years because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Turmeric is native to Southeast Asia, where its culinary use is at least twenty-five centuries old. Used for its beneficial effects on health and the preservation of food, together with its bright yellow color that links it with the Sun, it is also favored for symbolic and ceremonial use.
According to various scientific studies:
- Curcumin may improve liver damage, according to an experimental study from the Medical University of Graz, Austria. It does a great job in strengthening the liver, while raising the rates of enzymes that eliminate toxic compounds in the body.
- Encourages circulation: Curcumin is also advantageous for the cardiovascular system. Additional studies have shown that it may contribute to neurodegenerative diseases especially Alzheimer’s disease.
- Detoxifying and anticancer effects: Some types of cancer develop after a time when tissues have been subject to stress and inflammation. According to a study done by the University of Texas, Curcumin has been found to inhibit the growth of skin cancer, melanoma and breast cancer.
- It also promotes digestion (help with gas or swelling), because it stimulates the secretion of bile and promotes the proper functioning of the liver.
- The turmeric used in curry that is consumed daily in India could very possibly explain the low rate of Alzheimer’s disease in that country, according to epidemiologists.
- Turmeric caused a 58% decrease in pain and stiffness in patients with knee osteoarthritis, according to a study conducted in Italy. Records showed a massive 300% improvement in their emotional well-being.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties aids in the treatment of arthritis and irritable bowel syndrome as well as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
In summary, and according to an article published in Advanced Experimental Medical Biology (2007) “Curcumin has been shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-cancer activity. Consequently, Curcumin has the potential to protect against various diseases such as diabetes, allergies, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and other chronic diseases.”
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the most promising non-psychotropic cannabinoid compound due to its diverse medicinal and therapeutic potentials, among which there are antioxidant, anti-psychotic and anxiolytic effects.
Over the years, there has been growing interest in the research of the CBD compound, due to the discovery of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties. It can be of therapeutic value in a large number of diseases. Best of all, it does not cause significant side effects in users.
Nowadays, preclinical and clinical studies are increasing in number and showing that CBD and other cannabinoids are a natural alternative supplement human health, and are safe and non-toxic.
- Sleep: This compound has a potent calming effect, and is able to induce some level of sleepiness. If you wish to stay alert, it’s most likely not the best option for you. However, for those who have insomnia or difficulties in falling asleep, it can serve as a great treatment. Studies have shown that with CBD, you can have a lengthy, quality rest.
- It is effective in treating pain: Many people use CBD to relieve chronic pain in diseases such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, multiple sclerosis or neuralgia, such as sciatica.
- Reduces anxiety: CBD acts directly on the central nervous system and contributes largely to the release of hormones that help you stay relaxed. Individuals experiencing anxiety disorders like obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress, or social anxiety can benefit from CBD.
- Prevents and treats cancer: it possesses antitumor properties and has the ability to prevent the migration, invasion and adhesion of cancer cells in the body.
- It increases appetite, helps stimulate the digestive system, which can be beneficial to those recovering from an illness, those who wish to gain weight, and with individuals who have poor appetite.
- It is good for the heart: it contains antioxidant properties, which prevents degenerative cardiovascular diseases. CBD also plays a vital role in relaxing blood vessels, aiding in the significant reduction of blood pressure, while further improving blood circulation.
Is the mixture of Curcumin and CBD safe?
When mixed together, Curcumin and CBD form an excellent natural treatment option. They provide you with potent antioxidants that address a myriad of diseases and repair damages from the inside out. By using a product with both ingredients, you can enjoy the health benefits of both ingredients all in one formula. Studies have shown these potent options can be used to tackle almost anything, from cancer to chronic pain, to cardiovascular diseases and more.
Why choose water soluble Curcumin / CBD?
When we talk about a substance being water soluble, we mean it is “able to be dissolved in water.”
Water soluble CBD or Curcumin has only recently risen to the forefront. In a situation where your body is unable to absorb something easily, you are forced to consume large amounts in order to get the desired results. An increase in bioavailability allows more curcumin / CBD to make it through the metabolic procedure, which ultimately leads to a reduction in the serving size. In other words, the water solubility of curcumin / CBD makes it possible for it to reach the bloodstream in higher quantities than before, while consuming less.
Oil and water don’t mix, making it difficult for the body to properly absorb CBD when ingested in oil form. But when made water soluble, the effects are much greater.
It makes no sense to pay the same or even more for an oil-based product when your body uses only just 10% of their active ingredient, while you pass the rest as waste. At Murphy’s Natural Hemp, our water-soluble products, allow your body utilize a whopping 90% or more.
A lot of manufacturers out there employ nano technology, but just like oil, all nano products will eventually separate, proving that nano technology is not the best solution to increase bioavailability. Our products have 5 – 10x more bioavailability in the body than traditional oils, making it the right choice for you to enjoy the health benefits of curcumin and CBD to the fullest in one product.
You can find more information and purchase our products at https://murphysnaturalhemp.com/.