Have you decided to join the thousands of others around the globe who are using CBD as a natural remedy for pain relief? Last month, I went to see the Internist for ongoing joint pain. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, we began discussing treatment plans. Because of my strong aversion to prescription pain medication and their consequent side effects, which in this case could cause “…headache, abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, upset stomach, bloating, gas, dizziness, nervousness, headache, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, skin rash, and insomnia, as well as possibly causing serious stomach and intestinal ulcers.” (For real, these are the side effects listed in the pamphlet that accompanies the medication)
When I said, “No way, not doing it… there have to be a natural alternatives.” You know what he told me? Get some CBD, and Tumeric (Curcumin), both have anti-inflammatory properties. Natural herb remedies, organic healthy foods, and calming exercise such as gentle yoga or walking in nature are recommended for those living with Fibromyalgia.
But what to buy and how much should I use? I started with CBD research, and now have personal experience to share. Here’s what I found:
- Since there’s no one-dose-fits-all CBD amount, it’s best to start small with just a couple of drops, and then increase or decrease dosage as needed for your particular health challenge.
- Be aware of the additional ingredients in your CBD! I have allergies to olive oil and soy products, so I searched, purchased what looked like a safe product, and later found I had purchased CBD with soy in it. The company did not have soy listed on the product site description. It was only after being delivered and package opened that I discovered, in a pamphlet that accompanied the product, that soy was one of other ingredients contained. I again thoroughly researched and purchased a pure water-based product. Sometimes you have to dig around on CBD websites to find out what the other ingredients might be. Some contain soy, others contain olive or coconut oil, and still others may contain vitamins. Be an informed consumer.
- Dosage is determined by what you are using the CBD product for, in my case it’s for fibro. Body weight and milligrams per dose are other factors to consider. There are CBD dosage calculators out on the web that are easy to use.
- Something else to take into consideration… how long the effects of the dosage of CBD lasts. The dose I used lasted about 8 hours, which means I’ll use it twice a day. In the beginning you may need to do some tracking to adjust your dose as necessary. Document when you took it and how long it lasted to determine personal need and increase or decrease dosage accordingly. Figuring out how to correctly dose CBD will be important in maximizing the benefits of this natural remedy.
- Another consideration is whether you want mild, moderate, or intense effects of the CBD. For myself, it was pain relief without feeling sleepy during the day!
- Tolerance for CBD may increase over time. If you begin to notice a difference, you’ll have to adjust accordingly.
- Do you have concerns about overdosing with CBD? My research indicates that the most it can do is make you super-sleepy, so start small and work up to the dose that works for you. Ultimately, finding the correct CBD dose is important so that you can maximize the effects of the compound, while using the minimum amount needed, which will save you money. Water-soluble CBD’s are found to be more effective as you will use less since it will enter your body’s system quicker and easier than an oil-based product.
In the end, what did I purchase?
Murphy’s Natural Hemp CBD / Curcumin CBD Tincture. It contains BOTH natural remedies recommended by my physician. Its water soluble, easily dissolves, and provides quick, effective pain relief without side effects. Go for it!
“This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.”
For more information or to purchase Murphy’s Natural Hemp CBD/Curcumin: https://murphysnaturalhemp.com/product/cbd-tincture-30ml/